1: We Send a Preliminary Quote
Provide us with basic information for your transport and we send you a preliminary quote via text or email.
1. Pickup Zip Code (or City & State)
2. Delivery Zip Code (or City & State)
3. Type of vehicle (Year / Make / Model)
4. Dates requested and any restrictions impacting pick-up or delivery
5. Approximately when the vehicle is available, if known
2: We Send a Detailed Quote / Order Confirmation
If you choose Team Alex to coordinate your shipping, we will send you a detailed quote that includes all the vital information about your order to verify. Review it, alert us to any discrepancies and let us know you approve it.
We will need the following information to provide you with a detailed quote:
1. If coming from a Dealership, provide dealership name & contact at the dealer.
If coming from a private location, provide that person's name and contact information
(Contact's cell phone number & email address would be best)
2. The full VIN number
3. Type of vehicle (Year / Make / Model, if not already provided)
4. Desired dates for shipping (include any restrictions or unavailability times)
5. When the vehicle will be 100% ready to be picked up
Being 100% ready includes
Payment of vehicle is complete
All documents have processed
Independent inspection is completed (if applicable--some consumers buying a vehicle online do this)
1. Destination contact person's name(s)
2. Destination contact phone number (cell # preferred)
3. Destination contact email address
4. Delivery address (Street Address, City, State, ZIP)
5. Any restrictions on dates or times to accept delivery
3: Sign Signature Documents
Once your detailed quote is approved, we will send you online documents to sign and enter your credit card information. Keep in mind, we do not charge anything until we assign your vehicle to a transport truck.
We CANNOT assign your vehicle without these being completed, so please do not delay completing them.
4: We Find & Assign a Suitable Transport
We will find a suitable carrier for your vehicle, verify their insurance and match the desired dates for shipping as closely as possible. Once assigned to a transport truck, we charge your credit card for the agreed-upon amount (never a penny more).
We will notify you via email when we have dispatched your vehicle to a suitable carrier.
5: Read Your Dispatch Notice Email
Your DISPATCH NOTICE email contains very important shipping information, including your carrier's contact information and the estimated dates for shipping your vehicle. It also contains a link to a fun video we created to help you understand your responsibilities in the shipping process.
It is imperative you read that email in its entirety and watch the short video. There are articles and other videos you may enjoy about our team and vehicle shipping. Feel free to wander through our website.
6: Contact Your Carrier / Driver DIRECTLY
We email you the carrier contact information so you can work with them DIRECTLY for any delivery updates and to make final delivery arrangements.
Remember, any of the following items may affect the carrier's ability to delivery to your door:
Your neighborhood is gated or restricted (i.e. military base)
Your streets are narrow or have low-hanging trees
Carrier would have to park on a thoroughfare (illegal in most areas)
In those cases, the carrier will need to meet you at a nearby shopping center or other large parking lot to take delivery. Work this out directly with the carrier. Remember, you MUST both be patient and make yourself as available as possible for delivery, as the carrier has scheduled deliveries before and after you.